CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

ZoZo wuvs baby sissy Woo-bee Eh-nuh

While I was pregnant I prayed so many times for our new family dynamic. I prayed that we would all make a smooth transition to a family of four. I prayed for wisdom and discernment on how to manage two kids. I prayed for the Lord to make room in my heart to love a new baby. But one of the things that really burdened my heart was praying for Zoey to be a good big sister and to love the new baby. Well, my prayers have been answered above and beyond my wildest expectations. Zoey is not just a good big sister...she is a GREAT big sister and she loves her Ruby Ellen with her whole heart.

Here is a conversation that takes place in our home several times everyday:

mama: "Let's get ready to go for a walk/go to the grocery store/go outside."
Zoey: "Vif Woo-bee Eh-nuh!?!?!?"
mama: "Yes, baby. With Ruby Ellen."

Zoey is very concerned with Ruby's whereabouts and always wants to make sure Ruby is included in all of our activities from mealtimes to bath time to fun times.

I'm sure we will have our moments when Zoey wants her space from her little sister, but I am so thankful our first month with two little girls has been so wonderful.

5 comments:

Blair said...

Isn't it the greatest feeling to see your kids interacting and loving one another??? Lucas transitioned smoothly into his role as big brother and although, at times, he is a little "too helpful", it makes my heart swell when I see them together. The care and concern he shows his little brother is breathtaking at times. I am so glad Zoey handled everything so well! God bless!

R said...

sweetness! i'm an only child, so this sibling dynamic is such a foreign concept for me. it's so fun to have two sisters! then again, you and your sister understand that! :0)

chirky said...

God is good that way. He always goes way above, way beyond what our minds can hope for.

I love that pic of Ruby Ellen crying and -- what is big sis doing? -- Zoey making a crazy face with her tongue. Ha!

Boozy Tooth said...

How could it not be this way? With all the love and care and respect and Godliness in your home?

I'm so happy for you, sweet Jenni.

AA

Aunty Lisa said...

Ohmygosh! Two silky-haired beauties. How blessed you both are! We can't wait to squish little Woo-bee Eh-nuh! And Zoe-zoe too!