CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 15, 2009

shots & a double ear infection

I took Ruby to the doctor yesterday for her 2-month check-up. Even though she's only 7 1/2 weeks old, we wanted her to get her shots before we leave for kamp. Zoey, Ruby and I have had colds for the past 2 weeks. It started with Zoey, then I got it, then Ruby finally got it. It's so sad when your kids get sick. Poor Zoey had a drippy nose for a while but now she just has a lingering cough. Ruby has congestion and a cough and it breaks my heart to hear her try to cough. Bless her heart, she has been such a sweet little trooper and has never fussed or acted like she was sick at all. So, yesterday when Dr Day said she had a double ear infection, I was quite surprised. I'm hesitant to put my kids on antibiotics but since we're getting ready to leave the state for three months, we thought it was a good decision to go ahead and take care of the infection. My sweet baby girl is growing bigger and stronger so quickly. She is smiling and cooing a lot and thinks her big sister is quite entertaining.

Here are Ruby's stats...
height: 22 3/4in (90%)
weight: 11 lbs (55%)

Just a little comparison...here are Zoey's stats at 2 months.
height: 23in
weight: 11 lbs, 3 oz

4 comments:

Boozy Tooth said...

Poor little gals. All three of you with the sniffles. Hope all is well soon and the three of you are restored to perfect health in time for kamp. Wow - two kids this time. Where do you get the energy, Jenni?

Love to everyone.

AA

Elisabeth said...

I want to know how you get fun little percentages like that!!! Rylan was 12 pounds 6 oz and 23 and 1/4 inches at 2 months and they just said he was 50%.

Amanda said...

yikes...this scares me (the ear infection part). Jackson has this O.C.D. thing with his ears...for months now he plays with his ears while he nurses....I figured he just likes his ears, but now I wonder if he has an ear infection and just hasn't "complained" about. We go to the doctor on Friday. How else would I know he has an ear infection if it doesn't make him fussy?

Dave and Jenni said...

Amanda...I had no idea Ruby had one either. I wouldn't worry about it because he infection can clear up without antibiotics. Unless he's in pain, you might never know.