CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 3, 2011

Pink or Blue???

As I was packing a few things for my hospital bag I couldn't help but share two of the outfits I'll be taking. As you know, Dave and I have chosen not to find out the gender of each of our babies. We really enjoy the anticipation and excitement of waiting to find out if it's a boy or girl until the actual birth. I know a lot of people think it's so strange and there's no way they could do it because it would stress them out to not be able to plan. But, for me, it's actually the opposite. Not knowing the gender has helped me...the ultimate planner/worrier/stresser-outer...to relax and just wait for the surprise at the end. We made some really wise baby-gear choices with the first pregnancy which has allowed us to reuse almost everything. This past weekend Dave got the box of newborn baby clothes, bibs, blankets, and burp cloths down from the attic. I loaded the drawers and now we're set for the first few weeks. I love that we still have one more special surprise to look forward to when our baby arrives. Just for the record, I am convinced that this one is going to be a boy. And for those of you keeping score, I also thought Zoey and Ruby were going to be boys. :)

11 comments:

Matt, Emily, Tobin, & Heidi said...

You look beautiful, Jenni! I can't wait to hear the news about the newest Cribbs baby! We are praying for you and for another smooth, simple delivery. Much love from the Smith house!!

Aunty Lisa said...

BLUE! That's my vote but I'm almost always wrong. Sorry. You do look very beautiful. That's the way I looked with Kylie-Boy (minus the beautiful) as far as how you're carrying. We'll see if it makes any difference. LOVE YOU!!!

Ellen said...

BLUE!!! Gotta be! Praying for you, my sweet friend and can't wait to hear the updates!

Grammy said...

I've been thinking blue all along, but I'm usually wrong. I was right with Erika, though. Either way, we'll be so happy to greet the newest Cribby with love and joy.

jes said...

Soooo sweet! What is your due date?

Dwelling said...

I am going to say BOY all the way! We are so excited for the news!

Nate and Erin said...

I'm not casting a vote, but I am super excited for you guys and to find out pink or blue! =)

Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll add some blue to your family this time around! My brother has one of each since they're not having anymore children so they were glad they had a girl then a boy, they miscarried their 1st little girl named Elizabeth. My nephew has been around his big sister too much since he's into princesses, etc. but he's also into boyish stuff too and he acts like a total boy though!

Amy

Boozy Tooth said...

Same here. Except I think the baby is going to be a girl, so it will definitely be a boy. I'm always wrong.

I think it's TIME you get to experience a little boy. It's wonderful... until they turn 13, but I digress.

So excited for you, Jenni. Enjoy the last few days of this pregnancy.

Love you much.

Alix

Unknown said...

Jim and Yumi didn't want to know the gender of their kids until the very last one. So Zach has three younger sisters. It is nice since this family has been into solo boys for so many generations!! We wish you a healthy, beautiful baby.

Boozy Tooth said...

Just got the news! It's PINK PINK PINK, all the way!

Congratulations Cribbies! Casa Hice is so thrilled for all of you - especially your newest addition - Maggie Faye! Happy happy birthday dear sweet little one. Welcome to the world.

:)