CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 28, 2011

Theology from a 2 1/2 year old


Here's the transcript...just in case you have a tough time figuring out what she's saying.

Ruby: "Um, hello? This the cross."
Me: "Who you calling?"
Ruby: "Jesus."
Me: "What are you gonna tell him?"
Ruby: "I'm sorry about the cross."
Me: "Why are you sorry?"
Ruby: "Because I'm so sorry...I'm sorry to Jesus."
Me: "You're going to tell Jesus you're sorry? How come?"
Ruby: "Because I'm not pleasing to the Lord. That's why I say sorry to Jesus."
Me: "I think that's a great idea, Ruby."
Ruby: "I'm gonna make a fruit cup."
Me: "A fruit cup?" That's a good idea, too."
Ruby: "Hello, Jesus. I'm so sorry about...I'm not pleasing to the Lord and I not feel good. Bye bye but I'm sorry about the cross that you died on. That's sin. Bye bye.

2 comments:

lisa said...

I cannot believe my eyes or ears. My heart just swelled to huge. I love this and her. You must must archive it forever. I have tears in my eyes. What a wonderful job you and Dave have done with these children!

Grammy said...

How precious to hear such words from the innocent mouth of a 2 1/2-year-old. I'm with you on the heart swelling, Li. I just want to smother her with so much love. All 5 kids are the best gifts ever.