CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Today I celebrated my first Mother's Day. I love being a mom. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be but it's so much more rewarding than I could have ever imagined. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true. She is the best gift ever.

We're down to our last few days before we leave for kamp. I've got a ton to do but if I stop for a moment to think about my list of "to-dos" or how I'm going to miss my friends and family, I will end up in tears.

Onto Zoey news...

She started rolling over about a week ago. I laid her down..on her back...for a nap and a few minutes later her cries sounded muffled. When I went into her room, she was on her tummy and couldn't figure out how to roll back over. She's since realized that she likes sleeping on her tummy and it doesn't freak her out anymore.

She loves, loves, loves playing on her baby gym. She kicks her toys and squeals with delight. She coos and carries on extensive conversations with toys, people, the ceiling fan...whatever catches her eye.

I hope and pray that she will make a smooth transition to kamp. It's always a little scary being in a new environment and around a ton of new people. Please pray that she will sleep well, eat well and enjoy meeting new people. As always, we'll keep you posted.

new pics posted on Flickr

2 comments:

Eddo said...

It will be fun to see some pics of Zoey at Kamp. Do not let Dave blob her though... he's too heavy, have one of the junior kampers do it.

Anonymous said...

Jenni,
Zoey is sooooooo beautiful.
I am so proud of you. You are a wonderful Mom and I knew you would be. I will see you soon.
Love you,
Peggy