CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Erika saves the day!!!

The other day I walked past our Christmas tree and saw Zoey's 'Baby's 1st Christmas' ornament broken on the floor. We were heartbroken. We both sat together on the floor and cried. Ornaments are a BIG deal in our house. The kids get special ones each year and they LOVE looking through them and putting them on the tree each year. So we had a little cry fest and then talked about how it's just a "thing" and we can be thankful for so many other things. It's ok to be sad but we have to keep a healthy perspective.
 
I was debating about what to do next...should I try to fix it? replace it? do nothing? Fixing it was not possible so I purchased another glass ornament and debated about just writing "Baby's 1st Christmas" on it. But then my sister had a wonderful idea. She had seen on Pinterest about what to do with special broken ornaments. Zoey and I broke the rest of the ornament into tiny pieces and put them inside the new ornament I had purchased. So now she has all the pieces from her very first Christmas treasure inside a new ornament.
Great idea that saved the day!
 


1 comment:

Grammy said...

I have THE smartest daughters ever!! What a wonderful way to save a very special ornament and diffuse the sadness caused by its brokenness. This was definitely a teaching moment, and you handled it beautifully. Zoey is so lovely with a happy face. Love her!!