CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 28, 2008

18 months old...sigh

Our little Zoey is 18 months old today. She has been jabbering all the time, lately. She has so much to say about everything. There is always a running commentary at mealtime, bathtime and playtime. She has also learned to combine several of her signs. She will now sign, "more...milk...please." She also tries to say the words as she signs them, but usually she can only make out the first or last consonants. This week, Katie taught Zoey how to sigh. It's just about the cutest thing, so we ask her to sigh all the time...as you can see from this video clip. Zoey has also been working on eating with a fork. She has finally figured out how to hold the fork so she can stab her food. She successfully uses her fork to bring food to her mouth about 50% of the time. I am so proud of her because she doesn't get frustrated when working on her fork skills. If she can't do it, she makes the sign for help and hands me the fork to load it for her. Then I pass the fork back to her and she feeds herself. It's a great system.

new pics posted on flickr

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute! I love that she signs help and hands you the fork - so sweet! I finally got Michael to use 1 sign, "all done". He used to say he was all done by throwing food on the floor, not really the sign we wanted.

Boozy Tooth said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my. Zoey has just successfully made signing the most wonderful adorable thing on earth. I plan to sigh all day today in honor of her Zoeyness. Rock on Z!