CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

an overdue update

I am so sorry that I haven' t had a chance to update all of you on the status of our miscarriage. We are on our first 24 (two-four) of the summer so I finally have some time to type. Here is a brief timeline of what's been going on...

May 11th we found out we were pregnant (mother's day)
May 17th left for kamp
May 26th 6 weeks pregnant
May 27th told our leadership team at kamp we were prego, started bleeding that afternoon; Dave had to head home to finish the school year, he HATED leaving me
May 28th tried to get into see an OBGYN somewhere in the area...no one would see me; went to the ER (with my friend, Ellen) and was diagnosed with a Threatened Miscarriage...which means my hormone levels were lower than where they should have been and the baby was measuring 4 weeks, 6 days instead of 6 weeks, 1 day.
May 29th Was supposed to follow up with an OBGYN in a couple of days, but no one would see me
May 30th Dave came to kamp for the weekend.
June 2nd Randomly called an office on my Insurance and they agreed to see me the next day...Praise the Lord (thank you all for praying); Dave headed home to give finals.
June 3rd Saw the doctor, they drew blood, I'm supposed to call for my results the next day
June 4th My hormone levels went from 943 to 61. In a normal pregnancy, they double every other day. So, it was clear to the doctor that, not only did I miscarry but I had completed my miscarriage. I'm so thankful it's finally over.

I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am for your prayers, your phone calls and your emails. Being at kamp is tough. Being at kamp without Dave is even tougher. But being at kamp without Dave and going through a miscarriage should have been unbearable. But it wasn't. Never before have I felt such peace. I never had any physical pain, praise the Lord. I was able to care for Zoey with the help of my kamp family and our wonderful babysitters, praise the Lord. And I was able to do my job at kamp, praise the Lord. I am so thankful the miscarriage happened when it did...at 6 weeks...and there was no infection or need for surgery. I can rest in the fact that the Lord is in control of everything and that He knew the number of days our little baby would live. I have the greatest peace knowing that I will meet my two babies in heaven someday. Yes, I have hard days and moments when all I want to do is lay in bed and cry. I wouldn't be human if I didn't. But than I choose to remember who is in control and I look at my Davey and my Zoey and I am so thankful of the blessings in my life.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read through what's been going on in our lives. If you would like to read more about our first miscarriage, click here.

5 comments:

Dwelling said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dwelling said...

Doug and I get weekly e-mails from our adoption agency with encouragement. This was the verse from today's e-mails and it happens to be one of my all time favorites. I thought I'd share. (some translations also read, "you will keep in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You.")

You will keep in perfect peace
all who trust in you,
all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
Trust in the Lord always,
for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.



-Isaiah 26: 3-4

Spirit of Adoption said...

Oh friend! I am so sorry to hear of your loss!!! I didn't even know of the first miscarriage - somehow I missed that post! I'm thankful you linked to it, I was able to go back and read it. Your perspective is grace-filled sister. I will be praying for you. Thank you so much for sharing!!! All our love

Boozy Tooth said...

Jenni, Dave and Zoey!

Please know you have been in my thoughts and prayers constantly! You sure have had more than your share of challenges lately. Words cannot describe how proud I am of you, Jenni, and how much I admire your optimism and faith through this heartbreaking ordeal! I know that God has you securely in the palm of His great and loving hand and that no matter what, you can always trust in Him.

To sunnier days and happier times soon. Love, love, love...

Alix

Dwelling said...

Oh Jenni and Dave, I will continue to remember you all in my prayers and am so thankful for the peace of God that has truly held you during such a trying time. You do have two sweet little ones waiting for you in heaven and I know you long for that reunion! I am so glad that there are so many up at Kamp that could also walk with you during this time and I pray that now that you and Dave are together you will have the time you need (in the midst of K-7 Kraziness) to process this together. Doug and I cannot wait to get to Kamp in July and hug your necks. We love you!

Courtney (and Doug)