CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

daily pre-nap time conversation

Mama: "Zoey, it's time to put on your pull-up for nap time."
Zoey: "Oh-tay. I can stay dry?"
Mama: "Yes, try very hard to stay dry at nap time."
Zoey: "Oh-tay...pause...I might go pee-pee."
Mama: "Well, you just went potty so you should do just fine. Try really hard not to go pee-pee in your pull-up."
Zoey: "Oh-tay, mommy. I try...pause...But I might go pee-pee."

When she actually sleeps during nap time, she wakes up dry. It's when she plays that I think she gets bored and goes potty. We keep telling her that when she turns 3, she will nap in her panties. I might be in for some pretty interesting afternoons with lots of laundry.

5 comments:

Boozy Tooth said...

Yeah, but laundry ain't no thang. She's trying which is what's important. I love that little thing so. She is just the sweetest, and so is her mama and daddy.


And sissy!

Yay, for wonderful families that love each other!

Grammy said...

I have a feeling Zoey will nail the panties thing in no time. She's so intelligent, and she so wants to please her mommy and daddy. We know she has the control. The fun thing will be giving her the freedom to get out of bed to go potty on her own. She may abuse the privilege at the beginning, but that will settle down once the novelty has worn off. I guess she'll be out of her sleep sac at naptime then. Sigh.......passages.

Aunty Li said...

Maybe I'll fly her to Jacksonville and she can teach Aunty O how to nap without going in her Pull-ups. Go, Zoey! You can do it!!!!!!!!

Aunty Li said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aunty Li said...

Oops...what'd I do? See what happens when you say something mean? I was jk.