CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

8 weeks...and we heard the heartbeat

our little shrimp

Big Sister, Zoey


She doesn't know what it means to be a big sister but she seems excited about the possibilities.


Hello everyone! Zoey has some great news to share with all of you. She is going to be a big sister!!! And we are all very excited about it. As you know, we miscarried twice within the last 6 months(1st miscarriage, 2nd miscarriage). So today when Dave and I went to see Heather, our midwife, we were overjoyed to hear and see that tiny, but super-fast, heartbeat. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about being pregnant again. It seems real now. Yesterday when I read my pregnancy journal, I thought to myself, yeah the hands may be forming but what if they're not? What if the baby stopped growing and we're going to miscarry again? But today, I know there is a heart and it's actually beating. I am fully aware that life is in the hands of our creator and a million things could go wrong over the next few months. But, this is farther than we've made it since being pregnant with Zoey. We saw our baby on the screen. Praise the Lord! Our due date is April 2nd so stop by from time to time to catch up with the progress.

Love, Jenni

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenni,
Hope you remember me (Kim Rauscher, DBC). I just read your blog and I am so excited for you guys!!! And you know what, WE ARE EXPECTING TOO, and our due date is April 2 also (how cool). This is our first baby and we are so excited! I read your past posts about your miscarriages and my heart was touched by your trust in God. I hope I would do the same, if such a difficult thing happened to me.
I would love to read your posts about how things are going with your sweet family...thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!! The Fords in Cleburne are so excited!! Thanks for the update. We will be praying for you and this precious new life.
In Him, Ray and JJ

Matt, Emily, Tobin, & Heidi said...

Oh Jenni...we are so excited for you guys!! We have been praying so much for you and are thrilled about your news! Lets get together VERY soon!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations jenni! i can't wait to follow your progress on the blog. i'm due in just a couple of weeks!

Eddo said...

YEAH! I'm super excited!

Now, when is baby Wiese going to get here? Sunday right? Did he come early?

Nathan and Chelli had their son on Tuesday - Triston is his name-o.

Looking forward to seeing the Cribbies soon!

Johnson Family said...

Congrats Dave and Jenni!

Jenni, I'm not sure if we've met but my husband and I worked at K7 with Dave for several years before marrying in 2002. Zoey is precious and we are thrilled for this new blessing in your belly. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow Jenni. I am so excited for you guys. I am just so inspired (that doesn't even do justice) by your attitude and faith in this journey. I am 19 weeks right now, and I still have uneasy/doubtful feelings a lot. I just want you to know that I am praying for your little one and for you and Cribby. Love you guys! :) (oh and we found out today we are having a boy! :))

Unknown said...

Hey!!! Congratulations!! I love that the sisters can share in this pregnancy - how fun!!! Hope to see you guys sometime :)

Anonymous said...

hey jenni!
i'm so excited to hear your news! and, i can't wait to follow your progress out here on the blog...looks like you guys had a great time at kamp! and, zoe looks more and more precious everytime i see her!
waiting with baited breath for baby wiese!!! he'll be here soon!!!
take care,
becky :)

Spirit of Adoption said...

Oh praise be to our Lord!!! I'll be praying for that little babe and for ya'll as you trust our Lord! Very exciting!!!!!

Dave and Jenni said...

Thank you, all, so much for your encouraging words and for being so excited for us. It truly has been a blessing to read your posts (and emails).

Much love,
The Cribbies

Joanne said...

Jenni,

I am so excited for you and will be praying for you, your family, and the new life that you are growing. Can't wait to hear more news!

Btw, someone needs to tell your nephew that it's time to make an appearance!

Johnson Family said...

Jenni, thank you for sharing your stories about your miscarriages. I just had one a few days ago and it has encouraged me to read your story and to see that you will deliver a healthy full term baby very soon. Thanks for sharing this on your blog.

Jenifer Johnson
P.S. I've met you a few times. I worked at K7 with Dave and my husband, Nick from 1999-2001.