CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 6, 2009

36 weeks, 1 day

Today I am 36 weeks and 1 day pregnant. And this is the day in my pregnancy with Zoey that I went into labor. Yikes! I saw my midwife, Heather, yesterday and she said I was 2 1/2 cm dilated but only 20% effaced. When I was checked during my pregnancy with Zoey I was 2 1/2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. Heather said that first babies usually efface quicker than second babies. So, now it's just a waiting game. Will I deliver in the next few days or will I go to term? My mom delivered both my sister and me at 36 weeks and my first labor and delivery was identical to both of hers. There is no way to know when I'll go into labor but just to be on the safe side...we have the car seat in the car, we have all the baby clothes washed and put away, we have meals made and frozen, we're caught up on laundry and we have the bags out and ready to be packed. I feel better knowing we're at least prepared this time and even if I carry this baby for another 4 weeks, we'll still be ready. My plan for when I do go into labor is to bring the laptop to the hospital and keep everyone posted via the blog. We'll see if that actually happens. So, stay tuned for further baby updates.
-
Below are a couple of shots of the belly in front of the baby's crib.
-


4 comments:

Dwelling said...

So fun...Jenni you look beautiful! I will be so excited to hear the news. This little one doesn't yet know how wonderfully blessed he/she is to have y'all as mommy and daddy (and a sweet big sis, too). I'll be waiting for the news!

Stephanie Garcia said...

You are so pretty pregnant!!! I can't wait to meet the new Cribbie. I think it's so fun our kids are about the same ages!!

Spirit of Adoption said...

Hey cutie!!! I can't believe how fast it seems (to me!!) this pregnancy went!!!! Wow! Can't wait to see that baby!

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful, sweetie! I'm so happy that this pregnancy is so successful! You go full term, girl!