CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

You know your belly's too big when...

...your maternity shirt refuses to contain the baby bump.

Well, here I am at 38 weeks. I had an appointment with Heather this morning. Dave and Zoey were able to come with me this time since Dave is on Spring Break. I'm still about 4-4 1/2 cm dilated and still 50% effaced. So, there hasn't been much progress since last week. Everything else looks great and I'm measuring right at 38 weeks which is surprising to me since I feel sooooo much bigger than I did with Zoey...and with Zoey I consistently measured 2 weeks big. I was hoping to have delivered by now so we could have used Spring Break as part of the time Dave wouldn't have to take off from work. But, I guess that is not part of the Lord's plan. Because I had convinced myself that I would deliver around 36 weeks, I feel as though I missed the deadline and missed out on having this baby. But then I see our packed bags sitting on the floor and it hits me that I'm still pregnant and going to deliver this baby regardless of the silly time frame I placed on myself. I am so anxious...in the best way possible. I cannot wait to meet this kiddo. I cannot wait to see if it's a boy or girl. I'm so excited!!!

5 comments:

R said...

yes...i feel SO MUCH bigger with this baby, too! it's my third, so it's a whole different situation, but i feel like he's 11 lbs. already! haha

you look great, mama!

Anonymous said...

You look absolutely beautiful, sweetie! It is all in God's hands and he wants this baby perfect in every way. We love you and can't wait to hear the good news! Pamper yourself a little. It's a LOT of work being pregnant. Your husband knows that. You are very blessed to have him. We're praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Oops, I meant HE, when I said God. Sorry, Lord...

Boozy Tooth said...

Jenni - you look adorable!!!

I already lost a buck betting Mona the baby would come on Wednesday, so my prediction skills are a wee bit lacking.

Still, Sam will be here by the weekend. I'm sticking to that and here's my dollar.

Have a super fun labor and delivery because we all know what a party natural childbirth is.

You totally rock, btw. I was all about the drugs.

Love, love, love and more love,
Aunty Alix

(PS: I think my tummy may finally be smaller than yours, but not by much.)

Spirit of Adoption said...

You are so beautiful!!!! Can't wait to hear 'it's time!' : )