CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

What's In A Name?

Ruby Ellen Cribbs
As of last night, we finally decided on a name for our little darling. We chose Ruby...which means "precious jewel"...because it's the better of my dad's two choices. The other option was Tallulah. Hahaha. In truth, one day my dad was throwing out strange and random names and one of the names he mentioned was Ruby. It caught my attention and stuck with me throughout the rest of my pregnancy. And we chose Ellen as her middle name to honor a very wonderful woman...our dear friend, Ellen Singleton. Ellen is a great example of a godly woman and we are honored to have our girls know her and spend time with her.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! And her!! So glad Dad was able to play a part in her naming. I love our family!!!

Anonymous said...

i love it...and am so honored. Can't wait to meet her and see yall soon. I LOVE THE CRIBBS FAMILY!!

R said...

ruby and zoey...that has a nice ring to it!

Blair said...

Congrats on your new baby girl!! Love her name!

Anonymous said...

LOVE Ruby! Love Zoey who will make a fantastic big sister! But c'mon. Tony only knows how to fix beenie weenies. He cannot pick children's names. Tallulah I can see him throwing out there. Can't wait to see her...

Anonymous said...

Well done sweet Jenni. Again... you and Dave make the prettiest babies ever.

I am so proud of your labor and deliver without drugs. I need anesthesia for a mosquito bite. You must be over the moon with sweet Ruby. LOVE love love the name. Good show darlin.

How does Zoey like her new lil' sis? Does she get that Ruby can't go back? LOL.

Love ya'll.

Johnson Family said...

Welcome to the world Ruby!
P.S. Ellen is an amazing woman and I can understand why you chose to name your sweet girl after her. Congrats again.

Kelly Rae said...

Sweet Jenni! Ruby is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her and follow your beautiful family...even if it has to be through your blog since we never see each other. :( I am so happy for your family and little Zoey is so blessed to have a sister!

chirky said...

I have always, always loved the name Ruby. She's adorable. Congrats!