CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 7, 2011

My little Cubbies

Zoey started going to AWANA last year. It's a program that they have at our church that stands for Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed" as taken from 2 Timothy 2:15. She is in her second year of Cubbies and she LOVES it. She goes each week, plays games, sings songs, hears Bible stories, says the pledge of allegiance, and during the week we work on her lesson and memorize a Bible verse. This week's verse was a bit longer than usual so we came up with a sing-song way to say it WITH hand motions. My favorite part are the jazz hands.

Here is what she is saying:
Give thanks to the Lord...who made the great lights...sun...moon and stars...
Psalm 136: 3, 7-9


Little did I know that Ruby was paying close attention and learning the verses, too. Here is her version.

5 comments:

Dave and Jenni said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention...that's chocolate icing on her face. She eats her cupcakes icing first. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute! They didn't have Awana when I was growing up but we did learn verses, etc.

Amy

lisa said...

I adored this video. The beautiful and fun verses done by Miss Zoey and the "parrot" version done by Miss Ruby who was mesmerizing because of her chocolate and shiner melding into one. It was fantastic!

Grammy said...

Oh, how I love those girls! How precious are they?!!

Stephanie Garcia said...

Jenni-I LOVE this!! I was struggling with how to get Emerson to learn two verses this week. After I saw your post, we put ours to a song. Worked really great! Miss you girls!!