CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Happy 40th, Dave!!!

My sweet hubby turned 40 today. Let the fun begin. It started a few weeks ago with some planning and picture taking...you'll see what I mean at the end of this post. And the day before Zoey and I began one of the most important projects...THE CUPCAKES!!!

We mixed everything together and I gave her a bowl of batter and a tray for mini cupcakes and let her make 12 of her own. She exceeded my expectations and was very meticulous and a bit of a perfectionist. Go, ZO!
  
Ready for the oven!
  
We dropped Maggie off with my folks and then went to Dave's school to surprise him at work. It worked perfectly. We made it to his office while he was in chapel. We were able to decorate and get things set up before he chapel was over. He was soooo surprised! Here is Zoey pinning on his "I'm 40" flashing button.
  
Zoey and Ruby had so much fun keeping the secret from Dad. I was so proud of them for not spilling the beans.
  
They each made a card for Dad.

 

I found a cute web site for making your own t-shirts. It was so easy and so cute.
  
Ruby's classic silly face.
  
One happy daddy!

Hanging out at dad's school, showing off their cute shirts.
  
The backs.
  
The girls.
  
Lunch at dad's office.
  
The cupcakes. Here are the recipes for the cake and the icing.

 They were a hit!


For his gift, we gave Dave some pictures to decorate his office.


And this is what I've been working on for a while.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Dave. We love you so much!!!
PS-this is the smart board in Dave's classroom. It was so much fun to play with. :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to Dave, my brother will be 40 in 2 years!

Amy

lisa said...

LOVE it. Love all of it, the girls' faces, the t-shirts, the cupcakes. It's fabulous. Zoey looks 13. Precious and such a lot of work. I'm sure your hubby knows what a jewel he has for a wife! Let me know what the site for the t's is ok?

Sharon Dumas said...

How blessed you all are! This was precious. Making family memories will live always in the girls' hearts! You are all so special! Happy 40th Dave! Jenny...you did good!!

Grammy said...

Awesome job as usual, Jen! We enjoyed being part of the conspiracy. You and Erika are truly the consummate party planners. I still think you should go into business together. Congratulations on a job well done!!

ps: Maybe you should explain sweet Ruby's black-and-blue face to those who don't know the story. Wouldn't want CPS showing up on your doorstep!! ;-)